Wheelchair Skills Workshops
Skills and Services
We run training for both manual and powered wheelchair users
• Control of the wheelchair
• Propulsion Techniques
• Back Wheel Balancing
• Road Safety
• Spatial Awareness
• Manoeuvring Skills
• Coping with kerbs, slopes and rough ground
• Emergency Evacuation Techniques
Fun and Games
• Chance to play as a whole family with extra wheelchairs provided
• Introduction to wheelchair sports
• A look at different sports clubs and events
• Introduction to Wheelchair Dance
Wheelchair Awareness Training
• We visit schools and colleges to deliver disability awareness training
• We work with a range of year groups and adapt training sessions to suit each Key Stage.
• Our training fits in with PHSE studies or we can run it as part of a PE class focussing more on wheelchair sports.
• We aim to increase the knowledge and understanding of what having a disability means.
• We can provide follow on work appropriate to the key stage.
• Please see our separate page in the drop down menu above
• Chance for the family to meet others in similar situation to themselves
• Advice and practical support on the right wheelchair for the young person’s needs
• We take along a stock of lightweight wheelchairs for the young wheelchair-user (and their family) to use
• We are always on hand to offer support and guidance to our families
To find out more about our courses, please contact us T: 01482 887163 or email: email@example.com